Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 85: Christmas without water

Today we had a very nice Christmas dinner with the girls from the house. There were Mexican main courses, Lithuanian drinks and British desserts. Muy rico! (delicious!)

Anyways, while we were preparing food, the water stopped coming out of the taps. This left the landlady half showered (that awkward moment when you're all in soap and the water stops...) and me with a freshly burnt finger that couldn't be cooled down. Luckily, I've found some ice in the freezer, so don't worry about my finger; it's still very much burned, but my granny's advice of putting salt on the burn took away the pain.

The dinner was lovely, though. The food was amazing and the company was great. Now it's 11.30p.m. and I can't imagine going to sleep because of my full belly. Even though I am very tired.

I had to brush my teeth outside (the only water we have (barely) comes from a hose). But this water shortage has one advantage...

My housemate asked "can we do the dishes tomorrow?" and the answer was... yes, you guessed it right! "There's no water. So there's no way we can it tonight"
So all I have today are spectacular memories of the dinner and no nasty cleaning up! (And tomorrow I'm working, not like the other girls, so there's quite a chance I don't have to do the dishes at all...)


And next Thursday I've got another Christmas dinner to attend. This time with my co-workers. Seems like this year I'll have four Christmases...

No comments:

Post a Comment