Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 57: Together we can make magic

I thought about getting a hot chocolate after a hard day at work and Starbucks was right on the way home.

Right before entering I noticed a Christmas wreath on the door. OK...
I new this for sure when I entered - Christmas is really here. Well, at least in Starbucks, but I'm sure the city will pick up soon. There was a Christmas tree with empty gift boxes and Christmas lights everywhere. Well, the paper cups just became Christmas cups and whatever you order, you get whipped cream and sprinkles on it.  Starbucks' discount card became Christmas card with a slogan "perfect gift for anyone on you list". Really? I'm not so sure about that...

Oh my, I can't even write a sentence without putting "Christmas" in it.
I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. "Sanborns" (department and retail store with a pharmacy, and a restaurant) already had Christmas themed windows in middle September. But now it's really real. Just as Halloween and the Day of the Dead passed, pumpkins and chocolate skulls were replaced by sparkly decorations.

My housemate told me I should go on a metro. Apparently, there's an ad of Coca-Cola with Santa Claus saying "Together we can make magic!".
 Just imagine if it wasn't Christmas: an old fat grey-haired man in a strange suit comes to you and says "(hey, baby,) together we can Magic!!...."

Anyway, Christmas just took me by surprise. I am used to go to warm countries FOR Christmas, but usually the WAITING part is cold and snowy. And now it's not. The coldest day was 18ºC (64ºF) and the sun keeps on shining. So for now it's Christmas only in Starbucks*.


*and Sanborns  
*and in my heart (almost), because my housemates and I decided to go for Christmas decorations' shopping on Saturday. And to have Secret Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment