Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 17: Craft market

I've planned to go to the market of Coyoacan for some nice Mexican stuff, but my landlady told me a much nicer and cheaper market is Mercado de la Ciudadela. So I went there. And it was a great choice.

All Mexican crafts are there - from jewellery to textiles to toys and musical instruments. And it's all really cheap. For example, a leather belt cost me 12 Eur and a hand-made shirt - only 6 Eur.
I've also got a suede hat that's gonna last me 10 years for only 7.82 Eur!! (10 USD)

It's really a great place to see things and people are very nice. And there's not so many people, so it was a really interesting and relaxing Saturday. Have in mind, that although the market is open from "early morning", when I went there at 11.00 some stalls were not open yet. So the best time would be to be there at 12h.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment