Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 20: Food tour

So my great food tour didn't stop at tacos. I was taken to the best ice cream place for dessert.

Run to Avenida Mazatlan 80 in Condesa for some great ice cream. The place is called Roxy and was opened in 1946, and I really think it hasn't changed since. Well, maybe it was renovated around 1960s, but that's it.

Don't be an idiot and do not try strawberry, mango or apple ice cream. You can get those anywhere in the world. Go for something Mexican. That includes Mamey (I had this one), guayaba, guanabana (anona), chico zapote (tastes like pear) or zapote negro (sweeter and darker than chico zapote). If you can't choose (like I couldn't), you may ask for a try an they are very happy to help you with that.

Plus, lots of ice cream has a fruit-only and milky-fruit possibilities, so just give it a try. And come back again for some more!! I know I will.



Pictures are form various websites, because I don't always (or rarely) have my camera with me. Sorry for that.


 And it's not just about the taste of ice cream (which is completely super duper absolutely fantastic), but it's also the spirit of the place. They still use vintage ice cream tools and windowless in-table refrigerators. So go go go!!! Or be a little jealous for me : )

No comments:

Post a Comment