Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 21 to 22: The Hunt

I didn't sleep well tonight.

So I made a game (sort of) called "The Hunt". I was trying to hunt down all the mosquitoes in my room. There wasn't many, so it was a challenging activity.

It's all because I have my window open 24/7. It's hot during the day, so when the evening brings some fresh chilly weather, all I want is to freshen my room.

But then I have to fight the mosquitoes. Imagine me standing on a bed in the middle of the night with a towel in my hand. There's a "zzzzz....ZZ!" by my ear and I swing the towel!! Miss. I'm trying to spot that lonely enemy of mine so I'm really focused. I see it. But it's on the ceiling, which is way higher than I can reach (it's lovely to have high ceiling in the old house, by the way). And then IT disappears in the darkness.... zzzzz.....
Boy, that's annoying.

So I couldn't sleep. So I played a hunter. So I gave up. So I have mosquito bites on my hands now. So it itches.

I need to gain some patience. Or to gain a power of ignoring itchiness.

So far it's 1:0. Mosquitoes won.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This is Palwasha, Internships Abroad Director at Go Overseas. I've been reading through your blog about interning in Mexico; it definitely sounds like a change of pace!

    We feature internship abroad experiences like yours to help our audience plan their trips. Let me know if you're interested in sharing your experience at palwasha@gooverseas.com and I will send more details!

    Best,
    Palwasha

    ReplyDelete