Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 20: Praise the Tacos!!

Finally I've had nice Mexican food. My constant complaining about not having nice food reached the ears of my co-worker and he took me out for some amazing treats.

Although the "cafe" looked just like other ones, it had the best Tacos... I could say in a city, but I'm not so sure. Anyway, they were AMAZING. I've had Shepard Volcano taco ("Volcan de Pastor" - pork with cheese and pineapple), Alambre de pollo (Grilled: green paprika + onions + chicken) and a classic Shepard ("Pastor" - meat + onions + some kind of green grass). And, of course, it was all topped with lime juice (as it always is here in Mexico).

So if you want to have these great tacos, you should:
1. Fly to Mexico city
2. Come to the corner of Baja California and Monterrey in Condesa
3. Enjoy, cos it's simply great


And you know what? This great place I told you about is called "Los Parados" and apparently there are 3 places called like that in Mexico city. But the other two are... let's use the word "bad". So you must go to this one. 

The sad thing about Mexican food is that it's really hard to know which place makes nice food and which one is just worthless. Because they all look the same. You just have to have some trustworthy Mexican friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment